A Return of Militia Capt. Bratts Compy Collo. Yates's Regt Fort George June 1th 1780
Capt. Gerret Teuness Bratt [Garret Teunis Bradt]
Treveled [Traveled] fifty-five miles
Capt. Bratt, Ensign Van Wormer with 2 sergeants and 21 privates of the Company served from May 26 to June 1st having served seven days.
Sergeant Van Buskerk with 3 corporals and 14 privates remained to June 7th having served 13 days.
Fort George stood near Fort William Henry which had been destroyed in 1757 by the French.
The remnants of Fort George are now part of the Fort George State Park, Village of Lake George, N.Y.
Source: Col. Peter Yates Regiment, Revolutionary War Rolls 1775-1783, Roll 78, Series M-246, National Archives, Washington D.C.