FORT ALDEN Canajoharie District built in 1778 in Cherry Valley and abandoned in 1781.
FORT CLYDE Canajoharie District stood outside the Village of Fort Plain on Route 163.
FORT COUNTRYMAN Canajoharie District fortified home of Lieut. George Countryman.
FORT DAVIS German Flatts District fortified home of Peter Davis.
FORT DAYTON German Flatts District built in 1776 at the present site of the Herkimer County Historical Society Museum, Village of Herkimer.
FORT EATON German Flatts District Little Falls area.
FORT DIEFFENDORF Canajoharie District fortified home of Lieut. Jacob Dieffendorf.
FORT EHLE Canajoharie District fortified home of John Ehle about two miles south of Canajoharie.
FORT EHLE Palatine District fortified home of Rev. John Jacob Ehle. Stood in present day Village of Nelliston.
FORT FAILING Canajoharie District fortified home of Henry N. Failing.
FORT FOX Palatine District fortified home of Philip Fox, one mile west of Fort Wagner.
FORT FREY Palatine District fortified home of Hendrick Frey. Later became the home of Brigade Major John Frey. It stands in Palatine Bridge and is privately owned.
FORT GETMAN Palatine District fortified home of Capt. Christian Getman.
FORT HENDRICK Canajoharie District home of Molly Brant until August 6, 1777. Later the home of Capt. Honyere Tewahangarahken of the Oneidas.
FORT HERKIMER German Flatts District stood on present day Route 5S about one mile west of the Fort Herkimer church. A new fort was to be built near by in 1781 but they only cut the brush and trees before the project was abandoned.
FORT HESS Palatine District fortified home of John Hess, one mile west of Fort Fox.
FORT HOUSE Palatine District fortified home of Christian House. One mile west of St. Johnsville.
FORT HUNTER Mohawk District stood in the present town of Florida, Montgomery County, Capt. Garret Putman was usually in command.
FORT JOHNSON Mohawk District home of Sir William Johnson and built in 1749. It was used at various times during the American Revolution The house is located about one mile west of Amsterdam on Route 5 and it is open to the public and maintained by the Montgomery County Historical Society.
JOHNSON HALL Mohawk District home of Sir William Johnson 1761 1774. It was later the home of his son Sir John Johnson from 1774 1776. In the 176O's it had two stone blockhouses and a stockade around the main buildings. Sir John started to rebuild the stockade in 1776 but fled to Canada in May of 1776. Limited use by American troops during 1776. Now a N.Y.S. Historic site on Hall Ave.,Johnstown.
FORT JOHNSTOWN Mohawk District the Tryon County Jail was palisaded during the summer of 1776 with two blockhouses. Capt. John Littel commanded this fort from 178O 1784. The fort stood on the corner of S. Perry St. and Montgomery St. in Johnstown.
FORT KEYSER Palatine District fortified home of the Keyser family. It stood on the Dillenbeck Road in Stone Arabia, Montgomery County.
FORT KLOCK Palatine District fortified home of Johannes Klock and was built ca. 175O. It stands on Route 5 one mile east of St. Johnsville. It is maintained by the Fort Klock Historic Restoration and it is open to the public.
FORT LEWIS Mohawk District - Ensign Henry Lewis had a blockhouse with a stockade around it built near his home. It was still standing in 185O minus the stockade.
FORT MIKE German Flatts District probably the nickname of Fort New German Town in present day Town of Schuyler, Herkimer County.
FORT NELLIS Palatine District fortified home of Christian Nellis. It stood in the present day Village of Nelliston, Montgomery County.
FORT OX German Flatts District fortified home and trading post of Melchert Och in what was called the Royal Grant.
FORT PARIS Palatine District built in 1776 under the supervision of Isaac Paris in Stone Arabia.
FORT PICKERING German Flatts District perhaps another nicknamed fortification.
FORT PLANK Canajoharie District built around the home of Frederick Plank in 1778. It stood about two and a half miles southwest of Fort Plain.
REMESNYDER'S Palatine District fortified home of Henry BUSH BLOCKHOUSE Remesnyder in the Town of Manheim, Herkimer County.
FORT RENSSELAER Canajoharie District Historians disagree when it was built. It was called Fort Plain and renamed in 178O after Brigadier General Robert Van Rensselaer. The settlement around the fort was burned on August 2, 178O by Capt. Joseph Brant. It was the Headquarters of Col. Marinus Willett from 1781 1784.
SACONDAGA Mohawk District also nicknamed BLOCKHOUSE Castle Fisher or Fort Fisher after Col. Frederick Visscher who had supervised its building in 1778. The site is now under the Sacondaga Reservoir.
FORT SCHELL German Flatts District Christian Schell built a blockhouse near his farm in Schellsbush, Little Falls, Herkimer County.
FORT SCHUYLER German Flatts District built in 1758 by Gen. John Stanwix and renamed Fort Schuyler in 1776. It was besieged in August of 1777 by the enemy but it held for twenty two days when a relief column under Gen. Benedict Arnold raised the siege. In May of 1781 it suffered severe flood and fire damage and was ordered to be abandoned on May 15, 1781.
FORT SNELL Palatine District fortified home in Snellsbush, Manheim, Herkimer County.
FORT SNELL Palatine District build on the land of Nicholas Snell, about a mile north of the Village of Ephratah in 1778. John F. Empie states in his pension application S1O629, "our fort which we build was 32 feet square on the first story and the next story was forty feet making a projection of four feet on each side, with but 8 families to guard it with but eleven fighting men among us."
FORT VAN ALSTYNE Canajoharie District fortified home of Martin Van Alstyne built in 1749. It stands on present day Moyer St., Canajoharie.
VAN EPS Mohawk District built in the present day BLOCKHOUSE Village of Fultonville. May have been nicknamed Fort Yellow.
FORT VEEDER Mohawk District built for the protection of Johannes Veeder's Mills in the present Village of Fonda. It was guarded by the local Tryon County Militia. In the spring of 1781, it was guarded by a detachment of the Second Canadian Continental Regiment.
FORT WAGNER Palatine District fortified home of Lieut. Col. Peter Wagner. It stands about one mile west of the Village of Nelliston and is privately owned.
FORT WALRATH Canajoharie District fortified home of Ensign Henry Walrath. It was burned on August 2, 178O by Capt. Joseph Brant.
FORT WALRATH Palatine District built for the protection of the ferry that went from the north side to Fort Rensselaer on the south side.
FORT WILLETT Canajoharie District a blockhouse built for the protection of the local inhabitants in 178O and named Fort Willett in honor of Col. Marinus Willett in 1781.
FORT WIDRICK German Flatts District fortified home of the Widrig family.
FORT WINDECKER Canajoharie District home of Lieut. Johannes Windecker.
FORT ZIMMERMAN Palatine District fortified home of Sergeant Conrad Zimmerman. It was built to protect the mills at Zimmerman Creek in St. Johnsville.